Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Vegas Trip

Well I got home from Vegas early Monday afternoon but I got very ill and been in bed the past two days recovery from a horrendous cold/flu I developed Sunday.
Anyway I did not take too many photos cause I just did not want to walk around Vegas with a Camera that after a few drinks could easily be lost. The weekend was nice. We did a LOT of dining this trip. We did not do as much scooter things as we had planned but all in all it was a nice trip. I did begin missing the baby after the first two days. We were checking in on her all weekend. She was sick all weekend as well.
After checking in to the Paris Thursday night Vickie and I went to get a bloody Mary at the bar down in the casino..the drinks were rather pricey there..We decided to walk over to Bill's gambling hall to check out the Big Elvis show but it was cancelled all weekend due to March Madness So we had a few cheap drinks than walked over to the Tropicana to catch up with the rally meet and greet

Not all was lost on the walk over to the Tropicana we did get a shot with Elvis

We met up with everyone at the Tropicana..

It was actually pretty mellow that day after catching up with everyone we went over to the Hard Rock for dinner..we had the un advertised Gamblers special..Steak and shrimp and all you can eat Prime Rib

We went to our room to relax..we were on the 20th floor at the Paris with an amazing view of the bellagio water show..this is from our window

The next day we rode on our scooters over to the peppermill for breakfast and met up at the rally day event..I grabbed a quick shot of Josh and Vickie at the red light
After scootering around all day Vickie and Josh had tickets to see Tom Jones..We managed to go to dinner at Ah Sin Sushi at the Paris

They left and Gabe and I relaxed at the restaurant for a bit. I was enjoying my Jasmine Ice Tea..the view of the strip was nice too

Gabe and I napped in the room until Josh and Vickie came back to the room after Tom Jones and than we all freshened up and took a cab to the rally night event at the Aruba..I saw a lot of people I have not seen in Years

The Love Me Nots played..they are awesome..I just love them

Saturday the guys went out for the scooter event and me and the gals all went to have our Spa day. Vickie and I took a long steam and than relaxed in the lounge while they called us all for our massages. We all got deep tissue massages except for Holly who got the prenatal. Afterwards we all went to Sephora cause ..How can you not it is right there..and than we went over to Trader Vics for a little happy hour and festive tropical music...This is where I came across a strange admirer..the gals teased me about it for awhile..apparently some guy came up to me knew my name and said I met him at a party several years ago and than came back to give me his number on a match book....I had not one single idea who this guy was rather creepy

Maria and Giselle got a little smashed by the scorpions

Saturday night we all met up again for dinner reservations at Emerils restaurant at the Palazzo called Table 10. It was pretty pricey but Oh man what an awesome dinner I had..I think we all enjoyed our meals..dinner ran a little late and by the time we headed over to the night event we were all a little food coma and missed the band but mingled a little with friends
Sunday is when I started coming down with my cold. We slept in late and had lunch at the Paris and than met up later at the Venetian to Eric and Holly's room for a cocktail and than hung out in a really cool Italian lounge having appetizers and wine and lemoncelllo. We walked over to the strip for some in and out gambling but I had no jacket on and it was pretty cold. That night I did not sleep I could not breathe and was coughing and feverish and stuff was leaking out my nose. I than also felt like throwing up and laid in the bathtub while everyone slept to try and get the steam to help me breathe..I was packing my bags before the sun came up cause I knew that the drive home would be torture and I wanted to just be home ASAP.
Gabe and I went to the Tropicana where I was hacking yellow crap out of my lungs the whole time. We had to go to load up the scooters. Sluggo gave me some Mucinx to help and I took those and vitamin c tablets and was the longest trip ever. I came home and been in bed ever since. I hate missing work but I really felt like death has been at my door. Gabe has been sick too and Ava..It would have been the greatest vacation if I did not end it on this bad note.


Holly said...

ooooh you gotta post these on FB! I love the one of all of us toasting at Trader Vic's. I had so much fun hanging out with you, sorry you got sick. Eric came back feeling gross, too. :-(

Iris said...

Yeah it had to be that desert weather..almost always..I come back ill from Vegas

LorynM said...

Oh my god Iris! Both Michael and I have been SO SICK since we got back. I have not stopped coughing. I can't call out sick because this is my first week at this job so needless to say I am miserable!!

SO MUCH FUN hanging out with you though! We need to hang out more here, jeez!

Amy, David, and Baby Cambria.. said...

Awww, good Ole Vegas. I Miss it there. Not to mention Scooting. Maybe I can talk Gabe Into taking me for a ride...

Iris said...

Yeah A LOT of people got sick after is like a epidemic. A bunch of people I talk to that were there came back sick as well. I have a total cold and now I have the stomach flu!!

Oh Gabe would totally take you Amy out for a ride!