Saturday, January 24, 2009

Save the Hand Made Childrens Items

SO I am totally freaking out about this new law on childrens clothing and toys law that will be taking place on February 10th.

As you all know I am a HUGE fan of buying stuff for Ava on ETSY as well as buying stuff on ebay for her and special boutiques and NOW it may be against to law for people to sell childrens handmade stuff without it being tested first and a lot of these people that make hand crated items can't afford the testing.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/01/handmade-toys-clothing-threatened-extinction-under-consumer-product-safety-improvement-act.php


I really hope this does not happen..I love shopping for stuff on Ebay and Etsy!
My mom was also telling me it may effect the thrift stores too. They may not be permitted to re sell childrens items any longer as well!

No comments: