Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tens Years Earlier



One of my friends posted this picture of me at Mods Mayday 1999.



It really blows me away that this was 10 years ago!

It was one of the best times ever. I really enjoyed my early 20's. I was pretty much single, on my own, could do whatever I want, be as wild as I want (and believe me I did some wild things) and had all the time in the world.

Behind me is Sean whom was the guy I was seeing at the time. We are still good friends and work together.

Back than my hair was much shorter, my waist size was much smaller and my energy ..let's just say I was young and spry.

I still hang out in the scene but it has changed drastically over the years. I've seen faces come and go in the scene but there are the very few that remain strong.

I've seen them move. I've seen them go to a new scene (mainly Rockabilly). I've seen them get married, and I have seen them have children but most never to be seen again.

I enjoy my life now but do from time to time feel envious for my youth. Sometimes I think of what I would have become if I had taken different paths.

Young and MOD...Oh how I miss it..(the young part that is :P) I will always be a MOD..It's just not the main focus of my world anymore. Back than it was my LIFE

2 comments:

Amy, David, Cambria, and Baylen said...

I should scan some old pic's of us dancing, haha....Yup, those were the days....Loved being your neighbor...from what I remember, LoL...GOOD TIMES..

The Lawyer Mommy said...

I love this post, Iris, and I totally relate to all of those feelings about the past. Esp. now, ha! Ahhhh the good ol days. I should dig up some of E's old pics, you always looked so stunning! You scared the shit out of me before we met, actually. ;-)